I’m sick of this nonsense about the U.S. being a moral authority. At no point in its history has the U.S. been a beacon of morality:
- Not when committing genocide against the Native Americans.
- Not when passing out smallpox blankets and liquor to Native Americans.
- Not when forcibly performing experiments on Black slaves.
- Not during the Tuskegee Experiment.
- Not when stealing Puerto Rico.
- Not when performing forced sterilizations on unknowing women of color.
- Not when stealing Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, and California from Mexico.
- Not when enslaving, selling, raping, murdering, and torturing Africans.
- Not when it had Jim Crow.
- Not during the Civil Rights Movement.
- Not when it was dropping bombs on Nagasaki and Hiroshima.
- Not when it had Japanese internment camps (WWII), into which they forced American citizens.
- Not when it engaged in an illegal war with Vietnam and committed MANY horrific war crimes (My Lai Massacre; Agent Orange).
- Not when it assassinated—or helped bring about the assassinations of—Patrice Lumumba, Malcolm X, MLK, Fred Hampton, and many more.
- Not when it put drugs and guns into Black communities.
- Not when it instituted racist drug laws.
- Not when creating racist organizations to sabotage Civil Rights movements (COINTELPRO).
- Not during the terrorist acts against “Black Wallstreet” in 1921 (Tulsa race riot).
- Not when lynchings of Black people were sources of entertainment for racist monsters.
- Not when it invaded the wrong country (Iraq) under false pretenses.
- Not when it has the highest prison population in the world.
- Not when has a culture that promotes rape.
- Not when people can be murdered on camera and the murderer go free (Eric Garner murdered with illegal chokehold).
- Not when Native American populations have been decimated, and many of the ones left continue to suffer on reservations.
- Not when using drones to kill innocent Pakistani, Yemeni, and even American civilians.
- Not when torturing people with water-boarding, rectal feeding/rehydration, and force-feeding people through tubes shoved down their nasal passages.
- Not while continuing to keep Guantanamo Bay open, holding more than 130 people prisoner.
The U.S. has long lauded itself as THE moral authority, but it is a nation founded on hypocrisy and irony, genocide and slavery, rape and torture, theft and corruption. The United States of AmeriKKKa is one of the most immoral and unjust nations in the world… Possibly the worst, on the basis of its hypocrisy.